Thursday, June 15, 2006

Week report

Hi,

Unfortunately this week I've been very busy with school and some personal stuff, so I've not been able to make much progress.

However, I've received some successfull ztest reports in single cpu and SMP machines (and a few bug reports too ;)
In the mean time, I've setup a public access subversion repository and I've been releasing minor version updates to fix bugs. Version 0.1.3 is finally expected to work right on 32-bit machines (there were a few timer-related integer overflows).

There is now also a known bug in the glibc version 2.3.2 that comes in Debian Stable (sarge) related to conditional variables that causes a deadlock. You can read the details here. There is no known workaround (except upgrading glibc manually..).
A special thanks goes to Eric Hill for reporting and helping me find this bug (and 2 other ones).

Since I'm going to have an exam tomorrow and I still have a few other things to do, I'm only going to be able to start phase 3 around Sunday or so. In the mean time, if you still haven't done so, you can help testing ;)

No comments: